• In the Spotlight:

Going on leave at 38weeks?

My Dr. said that they can take me out of work at 38weeks I don't really feel the best these days at almost 37 weeks. (swollen feet, walking is very difficult you know the just of it I'm sure) I'm just worried that I will go over my due date and be out of work w/o the baby for 3 weeks. My boss is really good at working with me as far as how much time I take before and after the baby is born. I just am having a hard time deciding what to do. I could use some advice. What did you do?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 35 weeks, and I have already trained the people that are covering me so that I will be covered. But I am going to work until I have her because I don't want to waste my time off. I am only taking 2 weeks, so I don't have much time, and I want it all to be after she's here.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Its up to you to be honest and really you will know when its time to stay off your feet and out of work...if its cost worthy maybe try half days and see how that goes
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 3:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i stayed at work until i went into labor last time and im tellin you, its not worth it. you need to take these last couple of weeks and have some you time if your boss will work with you. why not? relax, cuz this is the last chance you'll get for a while, you know? this time around im planning on leaving work at least about a week befor im due. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I worked the day before I gave birth!!! Luckly she decided to come on my day off otherwise I prolly wouldve been at work when i went into labor!! If your not terrible uncomfy then keep working, but half days are good. Get as much sleep as possible so your rested for labor and the new baby!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009