Christian book?

Can anyone recommend a favorite Christian book of theirs? I've only read a few Christian books and have loved them all! I just don't want to end up reading something dry or boring. Here are the few I've read...

Redeeming Love
Atonement Child
The Shack
and a Terri Blackstock book from a series

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I recommend all of Joel Osteen books. They are inspiring and easy to read and understand what your reading.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I loved "The Shack",and I've read the entire "Left Behind" series more than once. What an amazing series they are,and so appropriate,given the way this world is heading. And,most anything by Beth Moore, or Joyce Meyer.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brendan Manning - PHENOMENAL book.

jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I would have said Redeeming Love, Left Behind series and the Terri Blackstock Night Light series.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I LOVE the Left Behind series or anything by either of the 2 authors. Tracie Peterson is really good as well. They're romance/historical-type books and I'm not normally into either of those but they really held my attention...plus I grew up around Tracie; her daughter and I were best friends in grade school.
    bretsnag

Answer by bretsnag at 4:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I guess it is not in the "christian book" section, but I bet you would like this one...
    Peace Like a River by Leif Enger.
    It is one of my faves and I have read it twice and shared it with family and friends and they all loved it as well.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i recommend any book by dee henderson or karen kingsbury.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 4:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Oh, and how can I forget this one, "unChristian" by David Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons

And anything by Max Lucado.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have read the "The Purpose Driven Life" several times. Also, "The Life of Christ" and "The Meaning of Easter" are other good ones.
    cattyt

Answer by cattyt at 4:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Go to my Shelfari and take your pick :-) I love to read christian books and I have TONS. If you want fiction I suggest The Master Potter by Jill Austin and her sequel The Master Potter and the Mountain of Fire.
    If you want non-fiction I suggest Kris Valloton's The Supernatural ways of Royalty.

Heres the URL to my Shelfari if you want to browse around my bookshelf!

http://www.shelfari.com/jennifershannon
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009