Christians do you have blind faith?

Do you just blindly follow what the bible dictates or do you comprehend, understand and learn? Do you read the information and learn from it or do you just say well the Bible tells me so and never question? Have you ever questioned your faith or have you always just went along with it because the bible said so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I follow GOD and JESUS blindly, yes.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think most every Christian will tell you they've questioned their faith. We're not all a bunch of brainless robots. We are capable of thinking, learning, and understanding.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No. Absolutely not. In fact, my eyes have never been as open as they have been since I came to Christ. Before, I blindly followed the world,and all it "offers" us, and tried to go along with the crowds. All that ever did was bring me heartache,and headaches,and more trouble than I could ever deal with. I read the Bible every day, it is the guide for my life. I absolutely understand everything I read in it, and I learn something new from it everyday. I have never had any reason to question my faith, as everything God promises happens,and every word of the Bible is true,and every single prophesy in it has come true, exactly as written. If God says it, you can bet your bottom dollar it's going to happen. He doesn't make promises He won't keep,and is the only true, real thing I've ever had in my life. He is the reason my family is as strong as it is now,and He's the reason I have my health back as I do. Nothing this world cont....
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• could or did ever offer me can match what I have found in God. He offers me UNCONDITIONAL, TOTAL forgiveness, mercy without bounds, grace everlasting,and a relationship with my Heavenly Father, my creator, and the promise of life everlasting with Him. That's all I ever need.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No.. the bible says to be a berean. That means to make sure you take what you have learned from someone else like a pastor and make sure that it is in the Word and seek it and dig into it and allow Holy Spirit to teach you His truth.
    No I do not follow anyone blindly. I seek answers to my questions.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I'm a Biblical fallibist, meaning I don't hold the Bible to be completely without err, or even the literal word of God. I am constantly studying and developing my beliefs, and most of them do not line up with what is considered orthodox. Doesn't make me any less of a Christian or make me have any less of a passion for my faith - it just means I come to different conclusions/interpretations than most do. (ex: I don't believe in Hell, or the concept of the trinity, or that you have to be Christian, and so on)
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Bandgeek, if you admitt that you think that the bible has errors why do you put your trust in the other part of it? If it lies about some things, why do you trust it. It doesn't make any sense.
    Anonymous

• because i still believe there is an overall truth to be learned that is not contingent upon every single word being completely correct. to me, the errors aren't huge, its just things like gospels not agreeing on every detail, things like that - doesn't mean that the things they never talked about never happened, merely that you can't believe they happened exactly as all the gospels say, because they don't all agree on the specifics. that sort of thing. and, i know that i have a relationship with God, and that's more than enough for me. (i forgot to add before - i also believe in religious plurality/equality and universalism, lol)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have not always had blind faith. Some things jsut require FAITH. Like you cannot see God but you know he is there. YOu know how they say seeing is believing? well that isnt always true. You sometimes need faith to believe even if you cannot see it! I have questioned in the past, but I have searched and studied and I know what I believe and I know that sometimes yes, it does mean that you need to just have faith and believe.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure I should answer, since I'm considered a Christian to some, and a pagan to others. So, I have no idea what I am, but I do know that i do not follow ANYTHING blindly. That is part of the reason I stopped attending church. I couldn't understand why people stood so strongly behind a book that contradicts itself so much. I don't get it. So, I questioned almost everything and had to search for my own truth. I follow what makes my heart acknowledge the truth in it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009