honestly is there anyone out there that doesnt enjoy being a mom?

michele101183

Asked by michele101183 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have days where all I can think is why would I choose to be a stay at home mom and WHY do I want more?

But those moments pass and I can say overall I love being a mom, and especially love the fact that i"m lucky enough to be able to spend everyday with my monster of a three year old.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think every one has those days or moments.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I used to babysit a little girl whose mom sincerly did not want to be a mom. she would leave her daugter at our house from 8am-11pm M-F & then have her dad babysit 24/7 on weekends. when I asked her why she didn't ever want to be w her daughter she said 'it was a mistake to get pregnant & I only kept her bc... well c'mon w a mom as hot as me my daughter is going to be gorgeous. But I hate babies so that's why I pay you to keep her & when she's a teenager ill be her best friend' made me soo mad! I've honestly considered looking into taking custody but been told numerous times by different people I wouldn't win custody bc there is no proof of neglect
    Anonymous

• Everyone has those days. And now that I'm pregnant, I have those days WAY more. I cry from it though cuz it makes me feel bad, but I can't help how I feel. It's normal to have those days. But I wouldn't make a change about it for the life of me. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I know someone who found out she was pregnant and immediatley terminated the pregnancy because she said there was no way in hell she could ever be a mom...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• well those days.. everyone has those days.. IS CRAP!!!! my sister in law is a dead beat mom.. i hate how ppl think that ppl who say they "have those days" thinks that that makes it ok.. i never wanted to be a mom.. i dreadd the day i had kids.. BUT you grow up and realize the wonderful ppl you have made.. So to answer you yes, there are ppl who hate being a mom.. but to me it was a choice...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• some days i ask myself why. at 25 i could be doing so many different things and i just recently started thinking about those things. im starting to long for doing more. im 25 two kids married with a career(a nurse) so i have money and want to travel and just get up and go and i cant and it sucks sometimes. lately its been making me depressed from time to time but all in all i have a great husband kids behavior could be much better but we have a nice home-make good money can pay our bills so all in all im blessed.
    Anonymous

• not me - has its ups n downs - but its the best thing ever
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My mom was one of those moms. She hated being a mom and she reminded my brother and i of it everyday. And I because of it didn't know this kind of love even existed. When I heard my oldest sons heartbeat for the first time i was head over heels. Same with my youngest. And I don't think women who don't like being moms would be on a mom website. That would just be strange to me.
    originalzademom

Answer by originalzademom at 9:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Sometimes I don't...it doesn't mean I don't want to be a mother however...it's just a FEELING. I would never tell my daughter I don't want to be her mom or anything like that.

We ALL have irrational feelings from time to time...even the moms who pretend like they don't.

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2009