Which bible do you read?

If you are going to say "the KJV is the only bible you should read" then this is not the post for you, just FYI.

I personally read and compare four versions of the bible - the KJV, the NIV, the NLT, and the Aramaic bible (NT - direct translation from the original Aramaic writings). I am always looking for more versions, though! :-)

Which ones do you like?
Do you use any supplements to go along with your bible readings?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i don't i do not believe in it
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I only own KJV but I like to look up online the different translations. That truly can make a difference.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 4:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Answered at 2:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 by: nakita72
    i don't i do not believe in it
    **
    Well, alrighty then, thanks for the input . . .

jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I only own KJV but like to read just about anything.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 4:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i have a nkjv which i mostly use, but use the others to get different translations of words.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 4:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• As one of Jehovah's Witnesses I use the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures but I also have 7 or 8 other Bibles and Zondervan's Study Bibles on CD for the computer and it has concordances with it and there are sites like www.olivetree.com and the Hebrew Interlinear Bible

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• hannahwill -
    You would be surprised at the differences in some of the translations.

http://bible.cc
    This web site has verses in, I think, 12 different versions. You can look up any verse in the bible on it and it will give you that many different versions. It's really neat.
    Sometimes, just the version you're reading can make all the difference in the doctrine you follow.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I like KJV but I have that & the NIV. The KJV I read most of the time is a study bible also and I like it b/c most of the NIV bibles don't have Jesus's words in red.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 4:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• NKJV, NASB, NLT, Amplified, Complete Jewish Bible, and then I go online for other translations.. such as CEV, Message etc. I use a bible dictionary, a concordance, and I try to find the original meaning of the word and the appropriate context when studying.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• bonn777 - you remind me of me, LOL!!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009