Is it okay to spray paint a bassinet?

I have a bassinet, it is older that was given to me. Would it be okay to spray paint it white and use it.. I think it is wicker.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no i wouldn't
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• what if i only did the outside of it just so it looks nicer
    Anonymous

• i would ask the doc, is it a safe bassinet in the fist place? since its older it probably doesn't meet today's standards. as for spray paint, maybe a diff type of paint
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Only if its okay for your baby to injest the fumes and to chew/suck on it. Only if there are completely nontoxic, natural paints??
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't spray paint it, I would get regular paint from the store but the kind that is safe for kids/pregnant women. ask your doctor too, he/she might have some good ideas!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I did. Well, my husband did when I was about 7 months pregnant. We bought a flat white non-toxic paint. It was a wicker bassinette too. He did it inside and out and the folding legs. He let it dry, did a second coat and dry again. We didn't move it into the babys room until all the paint smell was gone..about a week or so. The fumes will be gone..no hazard. Newborns don't suck on bassinettes as a rule, even if they did it is non toxic paint. I say go for it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It should be ok as long as you use nontoxic paint and/or paint without lead.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009