SAHMs Who went back to work?

How did you get a job while staying at home with your kids? I am finding this impossible!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• i still cant find one. its even worse for me because i had my son at 17 so i didnt have work experience before him either. good luck to the both of us!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I checked the local papers, internet, etc. for job postings. I submitted my resume by fax, email or mail. I had interviews daycares already and talked to them about part-time care. So I tried to set up interviews in one day so I could leave him for a little bit at the daycare. Most daycares have drop in rates for people who only need it once in a while. I didn't have people in the area that I trusted with my child so I found an awesome daycare.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• there are a lot of jobs you can get while staying at home that are legit. i've looked at a few but nothing that fits my interest. i'll probably do actually go back to work as soon as my kids start school. which is in like 4 years. but it's all good.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 4:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You should consider working FROM home. There are lots of companies that don't require fees or sales of any kind. Message me if you want information.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Are you trying to work outside the home? I know it sounds sucky, but most grocery stores and fast food places have really flexible schedules.
    If you're interested, I'm working a job online that's completely legitimate. I can help you get started, and it's a real job, so of course there's no fee, but you will have to apply, train, and take a test before you can get started.
    It's not going to make you a ton of money, but you can easily bring in a couple hundred extra dollars a month. PM me if you want to know more.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009