• In the Spotlight:

Did your hair fall out on the front of your scalp and on the side by your temple 4 months after delivery?

I had my 3rd child Nov 26 and as of about 3 weeks ago my hair started falling out a lot! I mean Gobs of hair when I shower and all over my back of my shirts. I have lots of hair on my pillow and everywhere! I looked it up and apparently it is due to hormone changes during the last trimester of pregnancy causing your hair not to fall out anymore and about 4 months after birth, the hormones go back to normal and so does the hair growth process and so all the hair that should have fallen out, does so at this time.
It is horrible how much my hair falls out. If I even run my fingers through my hair I have about 20 strands of hair in my hand. I bought and now take biotin - I have been taking it for a week now. But, I have balding on the sides of my head where my temples are and on the crown of my forehead leading back to the sides of my head.
How long does this last and what else can I do, besides coloring my scalp to cover it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Health

• my hair fell out with both my kids. clumps of it! it's horrible. i clogged the drain. it's everywhere in the house! it gets wrapped in my kids hands. but i'm just letting it take it's course. it'll grow back eventually. i hope :/
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 4:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It's called postpartum alopecia and it's very common.. There is not much you can do about it, but the hair does grow back, try Nioxin Formulas for regrowth and try their vitamins too, they work quite well!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My hair fell out too...especially during a shower. You just kind of have to let it run it's course. For me it lasted several months.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 4:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Very normal for it to fall out at this time.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009