Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have mole(s) removed?

I have 3 moles that I want to get removed. One is on my forehead (near my hairline) and I am just self-conscious, one is on my chest and just looks weird and I worry about it, the same with the one on my back.
What kind of doctor do you see?


Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • It all depends on your insurance. Make an appointment to see your regular/primary physician and explain that you want the moles removed. If your physician is able to remove them then he/she will set up another appointment for the procedure. If not, then you will be referred to a dermatologist.
    It is a relatively painless procedure, much like the dentist when getting a cavity filled. The area will be numbed with a syringe, which will feel like a beesting, the physician will remove the mole, he will stop the bleeding and apply medication (Bacitracin ointment usually), and place a bandaid over it. Then he will advise you in the care of the area(s) or site(s) of removal(s) and when to call if there is a problem.
    In most cases, you will barely notice a mark once it heals. If the mole is deep, though, then a scar will look like a shallow "pit" but not too bad.

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

  • my regular family doctor removed mine near my ankle. but they thought it might be cancerous


    Answer by dze527 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

  • I saw a dermatologist. I had one removed. My family has a history of skin cancer including melanoma though, that is why I went to him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

  • My son had a mole on his back that changed color and shape suddenly. Our Dr. sent his directly to Dermatology. It turned out to be okay but they removed it immediately.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

  • I went to a specialist. Dermatologist I guess (it was 10 years ago)

    Answer by southernstyle88 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

  • I had a dermatologist remove some from my back and my regular doctor (actually the Physician Assistant) removed one off my face and did an awesome job--no scar whatsoever.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

  • My regular doctor removed mine. It was on my face. But check with your doctor cause they might refer you or might just take it off right there.

    Answer by Williamswifey at 6:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2009