I have been searching online for a recipe for this and keep coming up empty handed.

When i was getting married i went to this bridal extravaganza thing and they had a bunch of vendors where you could sample there cakes. I tried this one that was OMG to die for. It was a whitetype cake mix with a cream cheese, or cheese cake in the middle with another layer of white cake. It was freakin delicious> Anyways i didn't get there card so that wasn't my wedding cake but i have been wanting to make a smaller version to eat at home. But i can't find any recipes that sound like it. They are all more like just cheesecakes. Does anyone have any good recipe sites that i could try? Or know the kind of cake i am talking about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• It's a creamcheese frosting, just type in home made cream cheese frosting, if you buy it from the store it's not the same it taste weird. If thats not it then it's a white cake mix with swirls of creamcheese in the batter and then you bake it, my brother makes it all the time and he makes the cake batter then spoons in drops of cheese cake batter into it. It's really good, maybe try that. Hope this helps!
    Anonymous

• I could be an Italian Wedding Cake or Italian Love Cake.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• 1 pk Yellow cake mix
    1 pk Instant vanilla pudding
    1 1/2 c Milk (divided)
    8 oz Cream cheese, softened
    1 ct Cool whip topping
    OPTIONAL
    Coconut
    Crushed nuts

InstructionsBake cake according to directions on package - use 9 x 13 inch pan. Let cool. Spread well drained pineapple over the cake. In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup of the milk to very soft cream cheese and mix at medium speed until smooth. Add and mix well the remaining 1 1/4 cups of milk and the pudding mix. Mix for two minutes and spread over pineapple. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Spread Cool Whip on pudding mixture and refrigerate again. Garnish with crushed or chopped nuts or coconut.
    peggy353

Answer by peggy353 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Prep Time: 25 minutes
    Cook Time: 25 minutes

18 ounce chocolate or yellow cake mix
    1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
    2 eggs, divided
    1/2 pound (1-1/2 cups + 3 tablespoons) powdered sugar
    8 ounce package cream cheese, softened

Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9 x 13 baking pan. Combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg. Place into prepared pan. Cream egg, powdered sugar and cream cheese. Spread on top of mixture in pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Cut into squares after cooling.
    peggy353

Answer by peggy353 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Look at Wiltons website and see if maybe they have a recipe for a cream cheese filling. If you make a cream cheese filling, you can just put that between layer of white cake. When I do fruit fillings, I cut my regular 2 layer cakes in half so that I have three layers of filling. With a cream cheese filling, you can then frost with regular buttercream, or cream cheese frosting, or even a Strawberry Buttercream. I made a fantastic cake for Easter that was white chocolate cake, with Strawberry filling and Strawberry Buttercream, which I then decorated with almond buttercream. I got the filling and icing recipes right from wiltons. Try there! Good luck!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2009