what do think of this name for my daughter?

Roberta Samsonia Finch

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO sorry NOPE no way in hell..... sorry!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Not my cup of tea. But it's not up to me.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• hey ticcledblue- your answer rhymed!
    Anonymous

• never was fond of Roberta, but there are plenty of nicknames to go with it... Bobby for example... (shudder)
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 4:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Maybe switch it around Samsonia Roberta Finch? Then the kids can call her sam or sammy or sonia for short, think the Roberta is too close to Robert(kids are cruel), and Berta is a bit old lady like for short....just a thought!
    spadaysoonmom

Answer by spadaysoonmom at 4:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• The name Roberta sounds like an overweight housemaid to me. That is just the picture it brings to mind. Too old fashioned. I've never heard the middle name, but it reminds me of the electronics. Your last name is so pretty....a nature-related name would go well with Finch. That's just my take on it. Ultimately, it is up to you being happy with it, and not what anyone else thinks of it. Good luck!
    JunesPearl

Answer by JunesPearl at 4:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I hope you're not serious
    Anonymous

• I'd put Samsonia first; I don't like the name Roberta at all unless it is in honor of someone or has some special sentimental significance. Samsonia has a lot of cute nickname possibilities and even though it's not my style, it's got panache.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• OK LADIES, LET ME JUST SAY THAT MY NAME IS ROBERTA, AND I AM SERIOUSLY OFFENDED RIGHT NOW, APOLOGIES ARE WELCOME!!
    Anonymous

• Why should anyone apologize? They were giving their opinions (requested opinions, by the way) on a NAME. Not on a person. You were not insulted in anyway.
    Anonymous