Game Night?

Do you do a family game night each week? If so, what day of the week is it? What is your favorite game? The kids? Hubby/SO?

In my family we don't have a certain day set aside to play games but we do play games as a family at least once a week. My favorite games are Risk and Scrabble. My Hubby and our son's favorite game is Sorry Sliders.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 4:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We usually just play on the weekends. Week nights are too full of TaeKwonDo, homework, showers, and chores for games. On the weekends, though, we'll play card games like Skip-Bo, Slap Jack, Go Fish and Uno, as well as games like Uno Attack, Disney Scene It, Harry Potter Scene It, and the Wii Fit. The kids play Disney Yahtzee Jr and a couple of other games together. When we can find the good ones, we'll all sit down around one of the laptops and play a Hidden Objects Game. The kids really like racing each other to find the hidden things.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 5:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My kids aren't really old enough for board games, and my hubby works nights. Our time together is usually spent riding, going places or mini vacations during the weekends.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• We play SpongeBob Operation. Every. Single. Night. LOL, it's a phase (I hope)
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• We don't but I commend you on having it. It's a wonderful way to bond with the kids. I used to play cards with them but that was before they had kids. Now my oldest dd is too busy to play with her kids (or so she thinks) and she lets them play video games alone. Sad. The youngest dd plays wii with her kids. It's better than nothing I guess. I love board games. I miss that. I'd love to have one of the grandkids come over and just play a game of chess with me. Oh well. I'll just sit here and read! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 5:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• when our kids are older, then we're going to. Our oldest is 4, almost 5 so pretty soon when DH gets home from this deployment, we're going to start. I just don't feel right starting without him. . .
    Anonymous

• Nah our kid is 2. He'd eat the game peices.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• We do a Wednesday night game night...just Tater and me. She is 2 and a half. We play candyland, chutes and ladders, memory...My hubby is gone Wed night but this gives me and Tater a chance for girl time...
    TatersMom2006

Answer by TatersMom2006 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2009