I am 19 weeks along...

When will DH be able to feel DD kick? I can feel her moving, and tiny little taps on the inside, but I don't think I have been able to feel the movement with my hand. DH is really excited, and every time I tell him she moves, he throws his hand on my belly, and then he puts his head down and says "I can't feel anything". It just breaks my heart, I just want to know when she will be kicking strong enough for him to feel it.

IzzysMommy87

Asked by IzzysMommy87 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have him give you a belly massage! he'll be sure to feel it then:) good luck!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I was the same way...but it felt like right at the 20 week mark or so the baby started kicking the crap out of me...now we get a kick out of watching him do spins on my stomach. Trust me once you start really feeling the baby kick...you will wish he/she will give you a break. Specially when you're trying to work or sleep..it's still amazing though!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Is this your / his first? Babies movements can be very different for each baby so its so hard to tell. Usually between 22-26 wks if he is persistant and has good timing. Things you can try to get baby moving over the next couple of weeks for him are placing cold ice on your belly next to a bump or putting a little pressure a hard spot in there can encourage little one to wiggle a bit. Baby will be starting to hear external stimulie in the next few weeks too so playing a music box or head phones on your tummy is not only good for babies brain development but may be inspiring to the little one to move for him. Just remember. It will happen!
    MOMBirthDoula

Answer by MOMBirthDoula at 5:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• yeah my fiance never feels it- lol- when the baby is kicking its like he heres me tell my fiance to come here then he stops kicking just as his hand hits my tummy lol- my fiance teases that i just like him touching on me thats why i give him false alarms about the baby kicking lmao
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• oh and im 28 weeks
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Thank you all for your answers. I know he will be really excited when he finally gets to feel her kick b/c when our cat was preg, we used to sit and feel the kittens move around, I would get bored with it, and he would just sit there and feel them move for hours lol. We will try the belly massage and the music. Thank you all again :)
    IzzysMommy87

Answer by IzzysMommy87 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My husband felt her at almost 24 weeks. Then at like 32 weeks, she was kicking him in the back when we slept. Patience is the key. Once those stronger kicks start, he may have to hold his hand on your belly for several minutes to feel your baby move.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009