stains?!?

I just tried baby food on my son the other night. He tried carrots. He made a huge mess out of it and got some on his shirt. What can I use to get the stain out, cuz I washed it with regular detergant but that didn't cut it. Bad thing is its already been put in the dryer and dried. :( Is it a hopeless cause now?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not hopeless. Try oxyclean. Here's what I do:
    I put a half scoop in a bucket or large mixing bowl. Fill with warm water. Mix to dissolve the powder.
    Add the clothes and let sit for several hours or even over night.
    Dump the whole thing in with your next load of laundry.

It gets out just about everything - chocolate, poop, ketchup, grass.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• OXYCLEAN is amazing!
    I haven't found a stain yet that oxyclean can't take care of.
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 5:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• okay, I will definitely give it a try! My grandma said try bizz...but I haven't ever heard of that?
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Bizz is just another brand of laundry soap. It's too late for that since it's been through the dryer. I have no idea if Bizz is better or worse than any other brand of soap.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• if the stain doesnt come out, use that shirt when he tries new messy foods. this way you dont worry about new shirts getting stains too.
    Anonymous

• You can also use a bar of soap. For years I've used Dove soap on any kind of stains before I put it in the washer, it takes out blood, BBQ sauce all kinds of things. And it's cheaper than most of the stain removers in stores.
    gabr

Answer by gabr at 9:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2009