Am I an anomaly or what?? Bra fitting...

My "under" measurement is 29.5, my bust measurement is 37, my "over" measurement is 33.
Every bra calculator I try tells me I am a 34C (except for Bali, which tells me I am a 34A, yeah right), but I just got back from the store and it is not correct. WTF? Am I doing something wrong??
I tried so many different sizes...36's are too big, and 34D's and DD's are so hard to come by, one of my boobs is a little bigger than the other...not to mention there wasn't a single helpful person in the Kohl's store.
I seriously feel like crying.
Worst shopping experience ever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I would go to a store like Macys, they always have someone on hand to measure you and help you find a comfortable, cute, and perfectly sized bra! It's nice to be measured correctly by someone else, so you know you're getting the right size!
    Anonymous

• Victoria Secrets is a great place to go for a fitting. Since I've been fitted with them I've had the best fitting bras that keep my girls lookin good and perky all the time.
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 5:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I've only heard bad things about VS's fittings. Apparently they don't do it right...they're only focused on selling you an expensive bra.
    Anonymous

• I hate to say it because I hate VS bras but they did a good job of fitting me. Yeah the bras were expensive but it was worth having them where they should be!

I've also heard good things about getting sized at Nordstroms. Or look for a specialty bra shop. They definetly know how to do it.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 7:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• VS is great for fitting if youve never been fitted properly before, and the only time a bra is worth fifty bucks is when it lasts, my mom had a just basic nude perfectly fitted VS bra and it fianlly died after over 8 years, it was like 46 or 50. but once you get fitted then you can get one really nice bra thats worth the money (and makes you feel good) and thne go to wal-mart or kohles and can get the right size....its also not uncommon to have one brest bigger than the other one, lots of womens are its just too small of a diff for them to notice.
    TheaterRatMom

Answer by TheaterRatMom at 8:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I went to Dillards and the woman who was working measured me and did a good job...the only thing was my size so so funny (36 DDD) that they don't have it in the stores so I have to special order them online PAIN! and it is only going to get worse for me bc I'm expecting again!
    Good luck to you hope you find something that works!
    Anonymous

• Victoria secret has 34d and dd and probably ddd and I think Frederick's of Hollywood does too,I used to work there but don't remember. But they will both measure you and find you a bra that fits good and everything. you might have to spend a little more than you want but its worth it for a good bra!

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 10:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Victoria's Secret will measure as will JcPenneys.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Thanks for the info. on which stores measure, but I find it hard to believe that their measurements will be different than mine. I guess I have nothing to lose by trying, though.

Anonymous

• VS will measure you and so will Lane Bryant. That is where I have had to get my last few bras (DDD) They are friendly and helpful and will also help you find the best bra for the types of clothes you wear. Most women have one larger than the other..I do too! Sometimes even after you get a measurement you have to go up or down depending on the style. Happy shopping!
    Anonymous