What will the doctors do?

I am due friday.
What happens if come monday I still havent had the baby?
What are the reasons labor doesnt start?
I really dont want to be induced!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're how many weeks on Friday? Why don't you want to be induced? It just gets the hormones kickin' to get the baby out.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 5:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Remember that your due date is an educated guess. It pretty much means... "sometime in the three weeks before this date or the two weeks after, we think this baby will arrive"

If your due date passes without going into labor, your doctor will just keep monitoring you and the baby. Some will induce at one week late, some wait until 2. Remember that if you are induced, it is to protect you and your little one - there is not enough room inside for the baby to keep growing properly and your body is reaching it's limit as to how much nutrition it can supply.
    I wouldn't stress about it until a couple days before whatever date your doctor tells you is the latest he will wait. To help things along, walk, walk, walk.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i was due last friday (the 17th) and i had an appt today..the dr just stirpped my membranes and i told her as long as there was no medical reason, she wasnt inducing me. she didnt argue w me.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Kaycee14 answered this question very well. Just because your due date passes doesn't necessarily mean your baby is ready to be born. Just keep active and stay positive. If it comes down to a medical reason for induction, your doctor will counsel you for the best way to move forward. In the mean time, I would recommend researching induction options so you are prepared if it does come to that. WebMD.com and the Mayo Clinic website are both good resources to begin your search. Best wishes for a healthy and speedy delivery and recovery for both you and your baby!
    JunesPearl

Answer by JunesPearl at 5:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Just hang in there. labor will start anytime. I had an appointment on a tuesday at 4:00pm and was showing no signs of labor starting anytime soon and on wednesday the next day I was holding my baby girl at 3:31pm. You dont have to much longer mama.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I was 10 days late w/my 2nd and I had an internal. The Dr. said it wouldn't put me in labor, but don't you know it did. I didn't deliver for a couple of days, but it put me on the right track and I had her before my next ck up was due.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2010