can you describe the feeling that you had when you first held your firstborn child?

magical.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Happy and scared. I was 28 in 1997 and it just kicked in at the time that I'm responsible for a new little life. Went on to have another 3 years later and got scared again. But it all worked out.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Love at first sight. It was a humbling experience. I discovered unconditional love and perfection, my baby boy was perfect for me and I knew that my heart belonged to my little angel.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I was in EXTREME pain.

I'd just had a 3 day labor.... no drugs.... baby was "sunny-side-up" and weighed over 9 lbs... and had just been delivered with forceps & a large episiotomy.

Did I mention there were NO drugs?

Yeah, they laid him on my chest & I immediately told his dad to take him.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Holy cow! He is HUGE!!! He was beautiful too. Perfect.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Holy Crap...that is not a baby he is a toddler. LOL
    Babies in my family have always been small. Like 18 inches and at the most 6.5 lbs.
    When my baby was born at 22 inches and 8.5 lbs it was a total shock. Also he had long fingernails which freaked me out.

The emotion I was feeling...pure joy!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• two seconds after i held him, i knew i wanted another one. its an amazing feeling of love ♥♥♥♥
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I agree with HelloKitty86. I was still in the delivery room when I knew I wanted to experience that exquisite magic again. I also felt insanely inspired to be a woman because of the amazing power of what I'd just done.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 5:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Scared because he was almost black. I almost lost him because he was so big he compressed the cord. He didn't breathe at first.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I didn't care....I had some ppd issues and didn't really like my kid. Love him now.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009