Why is a four year old who is potty trained pooping her pants?

A good friend of mine has a four year old daughter who is well potty trained for almost 3 years now and just recently started pooping her pants within the last two weeks. Does any know why or how to stop this from happening? Or why she would be doing it? Is she reacting to something/is it emotional?

amanda62382

Asked by amanda62382 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She could be doing it because she is in the middle of something she is enjoying and doesnt want to stop doing the activity just to go to the toilet, she could be doing it because of an independency thing. I would ask her why and she will probably tell you

I wouldnt tell her off for doing it though, just encourage her to use the toilet if shes in the middle of something fun to her etc.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• she may be acting out. my son is 3-1/2 and when we moved, he started peeing all over (the carpet in his room, his hamper, the tub, etc.) but had been potty trained for a year when we moved with no problems.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 5:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009