Is lower abdominal pain normal during pregnancy?

I am around 5 weeks pregnant. I have slight discomfort/pain in my lower abdominal area.Kind of like pressure. I'm just really worried because my first pregnancy ended with a miscarriage. Please let me know if you have experienced the same things. I don't go to the doctor until May 19th so I am trying to find out if I need to go sooner.

gbj2b

Asked by gbj2b at 5:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am about 5 weeks, as well, and experience almost constant mild cramps and lower backache. I am not too worried. My first pregnancy went perfectly well, and I experienced the same thing, just a little less often. Considering your last pregnancy, you should probably be seen as soon as possible just to make sure it is not something serious. I wish you the best!
    JunesPearl

Answer by JunesPearl at 5:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• well i can say i'm with the second and while growing it hurt but if your worried i would say visit the dr to make sure things are okay
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I say the same, I had some stretching lower abdominal pain in early preg., I know alot of woman that did but considering your health history, if you are worried i'd call. =)
    MOMBirthDoula

Answer by MOMBirthDoula at 5:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009