Have you ever kept your pregnancy a secret from family?

I'm pretty sure I might be pregnant and if I truly am I don't want to tell my family. My family being my mom, brothers etc. Of course my husband will know. I don't want to tell them due to the fact that I've been pregnant twice before and miscarried both times. So has anyone ever waited to tell their family? If so, how long did you wait?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 5:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you wait to tell them wait until the second trimester as much longer than that you will be showing. Wait until about 20 weeks or so.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My stepdad's family doesn't know...that's because he chooses not to let them know. They've never been too nice to me about anything and he doesn't feel they should share in the joy of it all.
    Anonymous

• You should probably wait until about 20 weeks, like a poster above said. That way you will be pretty steady in your pregnancy. You are never completely safe from miscarriage but it's my understanding that the risk lowers greatly during the second trimester.
    Anonymous

• It is always okay for you to keep it a secret as long as you feel that is the right thing to do. With your situation, I understand why you would chose to do it that way. As for how long, you can wait up until you are showing to tell them if you'd like. There is no right and wrong in this situation. You need to do what makes you most comfortable, as any stress should be avoided when you're pregnant. I hope that everything works out okay this time. Best wishes!
    JunesPearl

Answer by JunesPearl at 5:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Thanks very much Junes. Appreciate it. =)
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Man I know what I ask this ppl want on me about it No do what you want when you want. I'm 26 weeks right now and no one in my family know I'm about to have my 4 girl and I'm not look to tell them any time soon. It's your body and it's up to you when you want to tell them. Sh*t tell them the day you about to have the baby lol
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 6:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009