Drinking Water

My 7 mo old son has been having hard stools lately and I have tried giving him water more often, but he just doesnt seem to want it. He is eating stage 3s and table foods. He drinks a little bit of apple juice ok, but even that, he doesnt drink much of. How can I get him to drink more water? And I have several different kinds of sippy cups and bottles and that doesnt help

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 5:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im happy you said he drinks apple juice. my daughter doesnt seem to like water. i mix an ounce of unsweetened apple juice with 2 ounces of water. the slight taste of apples help it out. and keeps babies hydrated.
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• He doesn't need water at that age...when my DD gets constipated a jar of organic baby prunes does wonders and they taste great...also she like the apple prune juice better than the apple...good luck. It sux huh....poor little guy
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Does he still take a bottle of formula. My 8 week old has bad constipation issues and just today, the doctor told us to put 1/2 ounce of prune juice in 1 bottle a day to try to keep her regular. Poor kiddo, I see the pain it causes my daughter...it just sucks.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• give him only 1 in a half once a day maybe
    mom449

Answer by mom449 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Try prunes. When my DD stools get hard or she hasn't gone in a day or 2, I give her a stage 1 jar of prunes and she'll go with in the next hour or 2.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009