• In the Spotlight:

Birthday party

For my daughter's 3rd birthday I was considering a carnival theme. I want her to really enjoy her party and thought if there were some little games like duck pond and bean bag toss, it would make it more fun (I think). She likes the church carnivals. I would also be doing removable tattoos (instead of face paint) and we would have hotdogs to eat. I was thinking about some games from Walmart like lawn dart toss(with the weighted dart not a sharp one). Do you think it could work? Any suggestions or ideas?

valerie0103

Asked by valerie0103 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think that would be awesome and I wanted to do that for my son one of these years, but he chose campout in the backyard this year, so maybe next... only thing Id suggest is that you had help/adults to run each one of the games so kids arent running around trying to play it on their own or messing up the set up if you try to make them do 1 at a time.
    MamaBuggy

Answer by MamaBuggy at 6:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• OMGosh I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea... I wanted to do that w/ Kenz and Caleb but NO they said they do not want a party this year :(.. and Lys wants her Princess party....

I so wanna see pictures ")... I might just borrow your idea w/ Shy bug LOL
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 7:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• This is so funny because I just told my MIL today that I want to do a circus theme for my twins 4th bday this summer. I want to do a lot of the same things you mentioned and i think its going to be great! Good luck with it and have fun.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Sure why not. They have a game called lucky duck(board games) check it out it might be duck pond-ish. There is toss across(another game) beanbag toss. The weighted lawn darts could be cool. You could even rent a cotton candy machine or a snow cone maker from a party supply store(some carry them). Depending on how much you want to spend.. they rent out bouncy houses too.
    RAINandTYsMom

Answer by RAINandTYsMom at 12:39 AM on Apr. 22, 2009