How old should a baby be when you start sippy cups?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 2
    Anonymous

• WIC told me you can start as early as 6 months.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• my daughter started drinking out of one around 4 months. She gave up the bottle on her own at 10 months.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• A year for my son... dropped the formula and bottle and went to whole milk in a sippy at a year.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 5:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• We started at 6 months. Formula into the sippy.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i started my daughter at 6months
    nikkig422

Answer by nikkig422 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My daughter was EBF so she never would take a bottle. The only way she'd drink while I was at work was from a sippy cup starting around 6 months.
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• We bought a sippy cup for our 9 month old a few days ago. She just learned how to hold the bottle so we thought it would be a good time to introduce very watered down juices in the cup. She loves it! On the package it says "3 months and up" so im not sure when youre supposed to start the cup. You can experement any time you want to see how the baby takes :)
    Good luck!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 5:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I skipped sippy cups and went straight to cups with lids and straws.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 6:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Whenever you feel that your baby can handle them. You know your baby best. My friend's son is starting him now at 10 months. He's also been feeding himself and holding his own bottle (as well as starting to walk and almost doing it on his own) for several months now. Every baby is different. I would say to do it as soon as possible because bottles can be a really hard habit to break.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009