Would you allow your kid in the room while in labor?

Maybe the first part of the labor when it's not as intense, but when it gets intense that's when I would say, okay mom. Take her to the zoo now. lol

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 5:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had 3 kids and this is what I think = NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY

Get my point.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 5:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• no because with the pain I would be saying naughty 4 letter words! through the whole thing
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 5:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• no way!! i don't want my daughter to think that her baby brother is hurting mommy, and then on top of that you can only expect a young child (shes 3) to occupy herself for so long until she gets bored and wants to play with mommy and mommy can't play at that time.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• haha!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My daughter will be three when her younger sibling is born and there is no way she will be in the room to watch her mommy go through that. My friend let her 6-year-old decide if she wanted to watch or not. When her daughter came in the room and saw her mom like that, she freaked out. She started crying and thought her mommy was dying. Her grandma took her out in a heartbeat, but it was not a good thing. I don't think any kid should experience that....some husbands don't even like witnessing parts of the birthing process!
    JunesPearl

Answer by JunesPearl at 6:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yeah I just saw on tv a mom allowing her kid in the room while she was in labor. I'm thinking...that kid is never gonna want a baby EVER! Even though he'll never go through it personally, but still!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I let my daughter watch a mildly graphic(no va jay jay shots)show,of a woman giving birth. She thought it was pretty neat. But actually being there I think is way too much to handle, and what if something went wrong? Plus kids just don't wanna sit there.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Maybe, I'm considering it. If Daddy or Nan hold him where he can't see the icky parts. I was very focused with him. Didnt curse, sream or anything like that. Almost painless thanks to my wonderful epidural. So I don't see why not. If it takes me a while to get going then I would probably ask dad to take him home get fed and play until its happening.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Mind you I only pushed for about 8 minutes with my son.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My second son was in the room when I was in labor with my third son. He was 4 years old but very well behaved and very excited and concerned. That was when he realized where babies came from.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 6:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2009