President Obama left the door open, do you think they WILL prosecute? Should they?

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama left the door open Tuesday to prosecuting Bush administration officials who devised the legal authority for gruesome terror-suspect interrogations, saying the United States lost "our moral bearings" with use of the tactics.
The question of whether to bring charges against those who devised justification for the methods "is going to be more of a decision for the attorney general within the parameters of various laws and I don't want to prejudge that," Obama said. The president discussed the issue of terrorism-era interrogation tactics with reporters as he finished an Oval Office meeting with visiting King Abdullah II of Jordan.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090421/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_interrogation_memos

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 6:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I dont think they will prosecute.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Should they? Yes.

Will they? Probably no.

I have very little faith in our elected officials to do the right thing unless it somehow benefits them.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Should they? Yes. Will they? Probably no. I have very little faith in our elected officials to do the right thing unless it somehow benefits them.

I know what you are saying is probably True...but I'm still hoping justice will be served

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• sure...Obama has nothing better to do with his time in between talk show appearances. hey maybe in keeping with the American Idol concept, we can all text him our votes for punishment! Whachathink? rolls eyes.
    Anonymous

• As long as he's still allowing rendition, he better hope they don't.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No they should not !!!!
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Theyre only coming out with this because they want to pacify the critics. There have been other reports of him talking about how prosecuting is off the table. Again, trying to look like mr.do-no-wrong.
    Anonymous

• "Gruesome terror-suspect interragations" hahahahaha what a crock. Most of the most beloved idiots in congress knew about this and APPROVED it, but is anyone getting pissy with them?
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 6:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• NotPanicking, it's all good, since he isn't "as bad as Bush". Party lines are a funny thing.
    Anonymous

• I'm on the fence about this issue...maybe Obama is also, so he left it open for other people to decide. Can't blame him for doing that.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009