I have a 3-month old and I noticed that she has lumps on her breast is this normal?

They dont seem to bother her, but still I am worried!

AC4life

Asked by AC4life at 6:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son had a lump in each of his.the doctor told me its completely normal and some babies even produce breast milk!
    Itssambaybee

Answer by Itssambaybee at 6:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My daughter had them too, you can mention it to the doctor, but they are normal as long as they don't bother her.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 6:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• If she breastfeeds, she is absorbing your chemical hormones which tell you to produce milk. Therefore she is getting those hormones too. I think all newborns have that, whether you notice or not.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• OMG TAKE HER IN TO GET HER MAMMIES GRAMMED!!
    Anonymous

• When my DD was around 4 mos she had a lump on her right breast. The lumps some of the other posters are talking about are usually only seen in newborns (from the mother's hormones--some little ones have even lactated small amounts).

I wish I could rememer the name of what the Dr said it was, but I truly cannot recall. It was nothing to worry about and should disappear in time. And if it truly worries you, you can always schedule a visit with your pedi to have him/her check it out.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• If you are BFing her, yes, this is normal. The lumps are caused by your hormones.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• and they're not just for newborns. Some babies have them for several months (my son's just went down and he is 5 months old). They will eventually go away but it is different for every baby. In older babies, they might also be breast buds that will go down during adolescense and appear again before puberty. Also, nothing to worry about :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2009