Do you take vitimins?

so ive been thinking about starting on womans one a day i know i dont eat 100% healthy and i could be considered "under weight" and alot of days i dont have much energy which i believe is from low iron and lack of sleep , last month i started taking folic acid (we plan to TTC in oct) ive also considered starting a calcium supplement because i don't eat much dairy
i know healthy eating is the place to start and ive been doing much better but i am not there 100% yet
what do you take and what do you suggest? and why?

Riosmommy

Asked by Riosmommy at 6:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I take Rainbow Light women's multi; I take cal/mag/D (calcium, magnesium and vitamin D); and I take a B complex every couple of days for extra energy. You do not need any dairy! The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine has great information on dairy http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/strong_bones.html. Are you drinking enough water? Being even slightly dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy, you should be drinking 8 or more 8 ounce glasses of water every day. Cut out sugar and cut back on caffeine.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i am also considered "under weight" its ridiculous but yeah. I take a pre natal even though I am not breastfeeding or ttc! Its a GREAT pre natal does NOT make you sick at all and you can take up to i believe six a day so you get tons of the goods! I got it at a natural food store. It's called Super Nutrition All Natural Blend. It was a little on the pricey side of pre natals only because it absolutely doesnt make you sick! Also, cut out fast food, cut out caffeine, and up the fruits and veggies as much as possible and get creative with the veggies like spinach and potatoes skins etc
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• there are many other foods higher in calcuim than milk. try almonds, dark leafy green. I take calcuim lactate and prenatal (bfing) when I remember and I also take emergan-C as well.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I take rainbow lite prenatals btw.
    Precious333

• Yes but not right now because I am taking a very high dose of vitamin d so I can't take a multi vitamin right now
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• why dont people re the description before answering a question?
    Riosmommy

Answer by Riosmommy at 6:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I hear prenatal vitamins are the best, just take them everyday and especially everyday during your pregnancy. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My advice is to start taking a prenatal vitamin now if you're going to try to conceive. Your body needs soooo much extra nutrients/vitamins when you're trying to conceive and while you're pregnant. This way you're getting the extra vitamins you need that you aren't consuming from food, and if you happen to get pregnant before then, you'll have the extra vitamins, like folic acid, which is so important for the baby's spinal development, in your body. Hope this helps. Good luck!
    And btw, taking "up to 6 vitamins a day" is unhealthy. You can harm your body by getting too much of certain nutrients. The ones that don't get absorbed by your body end up being excreted through urine/sweat anyways, so it's a waste.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 7:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• thanks so much ladies! im gonna start taking the rest of the prentals i have still and then once those run out ill either start a mutivitamin or another prenatal
    Riosmommy

Answer by Riosmommy at 7:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Be careful with the One a Day, it made me sick to my stomach everytime. I can other vitamins but not One a Day. I take multi vitamins when I remember them. They do seem to help me have more energy.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2009