What Formula is better??

Im due to have my little bundle in about3 weeks, im going to try breastfeeding but would also like some formula, im not sure what kind i should be stocking up with, ive herd Similac is good, my twins were on Enfamil when they were babies and one did realy well but the other didnt so we used Enfamil A.R. which was so much better for her tummy.

BigSurprise2

Asked by BigSurprise2 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• and awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay we goooooooooooo...
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 6:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• my daughter was on enfamil, we tried to switch her to similac b/c thats what we had but they gave her enfamil in the hospital so for the first 4 months if she had anything else she got constipated. i would go with enfamil, good start supreme, or similac. all are good brands and if you read the information have pretty much the same amounts of the diff vitamins etc.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You should also consider what kind WIC will give you and if possible put your child on that to begin with.
    Anonymous

• My baby is breastfed, so I dont personally know. But my sisters all formula feed, and I have heard simulac is much better, and easier for the tummies.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Since you are planning on breastfeeding do that for awhile and then slowly ween the baby to formula as the baby gets older. But as far as your question find out first which formula set well for you baby's tummy. Alot of parents try one brand of formula then wonder why their baby is so gassy or did not feel full enough or whatever. As soon as you find out then you should stock up.
    GL and have a blessed pregnancy :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Why would you like to formula feed? It would drastically reduce your supply and makes breastfeeding really hard.

Earth's Best is the only formula I would ever consider. I trust that company. I do not trust most major formula companies.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Whatever you decide on, make the choice that works for you. If your child begins projectile vomiting every time you sit it up after feeding, stop, it's not a good sign. Try something else. One child will thrive on one thing, another the opposite.

MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 6:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My Dr. recommends Enfamil with Iron.
    Anonymous

• HOW ABOUT NONE!!!!!!!! BREASTFEED!!!!!
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• wic in pittsburgh right now has babies on Goodstart DHA/ARA and i really like it so if you will be receiving that then its a good formula but my fav is enfamil. DD had reflux and was throwing similac upr eally bar
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 7:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2009