why is at all my job?

Neither my husband or I work so why is ALL the housework my job? Does anyone know how I could approach him to get him to do his share? I have the only income.

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Try letting him know that you´ve been feeling rundown with all the housework and would love to be able to devote more time to him. Tell him if he could help out with a few of the chores (be specific), you´d have a lot more energy for "other" activities. Ask him nicely, when he is relaxed and in a good mood. Nagging is the surest way of not getting what you want....and even when it does work, it causes resentment.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 8:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Don't fold his laundry. Only put yours away, and leave his in a pile. Don't wash his dishes, only yours.

I had to do this with my SO. He is the main money maker, but I go to school, work, and keep our daughter anytime I am not doing those things. But yet I was still doing ALL the housework.

When he asked me about the laundry and things, I told him that I understood that he worked, but that did not relieve him of household chores. Now he helps out. And it wasn't a huge fight or anything, I simply stated a fact, he walked away and though about it, and that was 3 weeks ago I haven't had to say anything else.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• dont touch a damn thing he uses and he will learn really quick he needs to help
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 7:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• When I had roommates in college, we had a chore chart. Everyweek we would shift chores. You and your spouse need to write out all of the chores and divide up the chores.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• When you find the answer, please let me know. I work and DH doesn't. And I still have to do the laundry, dishes, etc... He takes out the trash. That's about it.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2009