Weight loss after baby

Hi, I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant and have gained about 18 lbs so far, I was wondering how quickly it the weight came off after you had the baby, I'm really nervous that this weight will be hard to lose. I will also be breastfeeding.

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you really haven't gained alot. will probably not gain that much more. and remember about 6-10 lbs of that weight will be baby, plus the placenta and extra fluids will be another 1-5 lbs. it really sounds like you are going to be one of those people that just drop it as soon as you have the baby. i lost alot before i even left the hospital and only had about 5 lbs to lose to get back into my reg clothes. i walked with my daughter in her stroller every morning and then again after dinner. and just continued to eat healthy. it took me about 3-5 months to get back into my prepreg jeans
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I gained 30 lbs with my son and lost 33 within 6 weeks of his birth. With breastfeeding I lost another 10. I don't tihnk you'll have any trouble losing the weight. It might take a few weeks for your body to get back to normal. Don't be upset if you go home and your pants don't fit right away. It still needs time to heal, and your uterus needs time to shrink back to normal size.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 7:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• GOOD LORD 18 POUNDS!? I've, no joke, gained 40 and I'm 30 weeks. 40 POUNDS! Sweetheart you have nothing to worry about.
    Michele_Lynn

Answer by Michele_Lynn at 7:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It took me 6 months and I breastfed.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I gained 40 and have lost 46. I bf and lost 30 in about 5 or 6 weeks. Then I just walk at the park with my daughter. She is 7 months.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I was pregnant again 7 months postpartum and still had 5 lbs to go to have gotten down to my prepreg weight, but I gained a LOT the first time. Luckily I didn't gain as much the second time, but now I'm 7 months post-partum again (and not planning on getting pregnant again any time soon lol) and I'm about 8 lbs over what I weighed before I was ever pregnant. I've also been this same weight since about 6 weeks post-partum -- in my experience, breastfeeding melts a lot off right away, and you may have another weightloss spurt around 4-5 months, but then I think breastfeeding makes you hand on to a few lbs "just in case" baby should ever need it. Most of my friends lost their last 5-10 lbs only after weaning. Sorry... this is not to discourage you from breastfeeding, by any means.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• you kinda sound like me ^.^ the weight i gained (maybe 20 lbs) was all baby, liquid, and placenta. and i hear BFing helps you lose the weight faster... you ARE going to gain after the birth too btw. when you milk first comes it you will weigh more but after it regulates you will be back to normal. dont worry about the numbers, just do what comes naturally and when you get the chance (sometime after 18 years) you might be able to check your weight again lol! ^.^ dont stress about it sweety.
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• before i got pregnant i was about 102 while pregnant i gained all the way up to 138..after birth when i weighed myself at the appointment i weighed 110..now i weigh 107..i only breastfed for almost 1 month
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2009