I f God forbid your child did not out live you. Is it ok to creamate?

I think I would, so I could keep a part of my kid with me. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it's ok to cremate, however, I think the things like the jewelry and teddy bears you can have their ashes put in are just plain creepy. I also don't think I, personally, could deal with seeing a child-size urn in my home every day.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• my friend's brother passed away in a car accident and their mom had him creamated.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• If cremation is more meaningful to you, then that is what you should do.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I prefer cremation. My father was cremated ( he was Christian so I don't think it is wrong in Christianity) and scattered some and have a tiny urn so I can keep some of him with me. I know how you feel and I see nothing wrong with it.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• oh gosh, i hope it wouldnt come to that but yeah i would want to cremation, i wouldnt care what anyone says if its that stupid inlaw who crys everytime she/he sees it, well thats just me.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I would have them cremated but that's what our family does (my mom was, my dad plans to, so do me and my husband and my brother).
    When my mom died we had some of her ashes put in a charm for each of us (my dad, me, my brother and my then 2mo daughter). Me and my brother somehow lost ours but my dad still wears his every single day. I would do that with my kids. It was very comforting to have (still no clue what happened to it but I think it got lost when we moved).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Don't look Not Panicking!

I would have them cremated and mix part of the ashes in with dye and get a memorial tattoo done.
    I also plan on doing this if (knock on wood) something happens to my DH while hes enlisted.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Cremation is fine. Once you are gone you arent going to need your shell (body) anymore. It's whatever works best for you.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 7:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think its neither here nor there as far as the "is it ok" goes.
    Your child is gone, their soul has gone elsewhere(*wherever that is for you), they dont need that body anymore.
    Cremate if thats what you wish to do. Either way will be heartbreakingly hard to deal with.

I would cremate because then I can plant their ashes or spread their ashes over somewhere beautiful and know they will be helping plants and soil grow and do well,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i would not want to live then if something happen to my daughter there is no point of living then
    Anonymous