HELP.... I'm about to panic and i don't see the doctor again for 3 weeks!!!

i had to go to the hospital at 13 week with cramping and bleeding and with that ultrasound they found that my cervix had already begun to funnel.... the doctor didn't seem that worried about it but i looked it up and it almost alway's result's in preterm labor.... and that with women that got it a lot later!!! Has anyone else had this problem. Because i'm really worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have that problem with any of my 4, but my sister did. They put her on bedrest at 16 weeks and she had the baby 6 weeks early..Now that baby is a very healthy 6yr old!! Try no to worry too much, the drs usually know what they are doing. Just be on the lookout for any of the symptoms that sent you to the hosp before.
    MindyMoore

Answer by MindyMoore at 7:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• If you dont feel comfortable with your Dr now, find a second pinion. To me it sounds worrisome, but then again your Dr may not be giving you all the details, and probably knows your situation better than we do. Dont hesitate to ask to come in earlier, he is working for you, and you need to feel comfortable in your care.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I dont have this problem but theres a huge discrepency with my due date, and we fianlly got the answers we wanted that explained it in terms we understood which ment numbers rather than ''oh its not indicated so we wont do that, '' so ask questions, call him and ask to come in sooner for a consult or something, you sould be totally ok with whatever is happening because stress and worry can do strange things to babys, stress is a no-no so talk to him and ask lots of questions till you get it explained to your satisfation, im sure your doc will understand, if he doesnt go to another doc if possible. docs work for us not the other way around. make a list of all your worrys and why it worrys you so that you dont forget anything and then get worried again later. good luck, i hope it turns out ok.
    TheaterRatMom

Answer by TheaterRatMom at 8:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You should call your doctor and schedule an appointment sooner. Or see another doctor. They are there to answer all your questions and put you at ease and if your doctor isn't doing that you should see a new one...you definitely need a professional opinion about something like this.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2009