Ok, this might sounds ridiculous....but what are some tips on choosing the sex of your baby. Diet, sex positions, etc.??

My husband and I are going to start TTC hopefully this week : ) We have a beautiful little girl and would like to try for a little boy. Any advice or personal experience stories are greatly appreciated!

IlovemybabyJ

Asked by IlovemybabyJ at 7:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i dont think it works like that. sorry
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• There is a book called How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby. It is an older book, and I found it at a garage sale but it has alot of truth to it, and I even asked my Dr about it and he said that scientifically yes it makes sense. It says that the closer you have sex to ovulation the more likely it will be a boy, the further away from ovulation, the more likely girl. My husband didnt have a girl in his family on his dad's side for going on 5 generations, and we are pregnant with the 2nd girl in the family. Our daughter is almost 2. The theory is that boy sperm are faster, and can "out run" the girl sperm, but girl sperm and more hardy and live longer, so if you have sex before ovulation, when your secretions are more acidic, it kills the boys and gievs the girly time to get there, if you have sex cole to or at ovulation your secretions are more alkaline and allow the boy sperm to live long enough to get there to the egg.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Sorry I ran out of room.

I was having trouble geting pregnant anyway so it wasnt a problem for us to chart my ovulation as we were doing it anyway, but the book says it is best if you do chart, so you know EXACTLY when you ovulate. And it recomends doing it for a few months so you really get apattern down if you are dead set on having only that sex. But if you are trying for a boy, I would do it when yur discharge is at it's peak, and as wet as possible, that is usually when you will ovulate really soon, or are in the process of it. Check out the book, like on amazon or something. Good luck. But I would also say that every method has it's flaws and dont try if you are not going to be prepared for another girl if it doesnt work.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• my dh swears by this and has told his friends who are trying if u want a boy put it in deep and leave it in deep.. we now have a 3 year old son as for his friends they have boys and thank dh lol. and he heard about it from a guy/now friend at his work who has 2 boys and a girl he said deep gave him boys and not deep gave him his daughter.. so maybe it really works lol good luck xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Well, hon, you're supposed to stand on your head while having sex. lol! Good luck, you'll have to share the stories!
    KadenTaeasmom

Answer by KadenTaeasmom at 11:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Folic Acid is supposed to also help.. at least that's I've read, I ate cereal every day in advance and conceieved a boy.. Also high calorie diets have been linked to boys.. it also helps to be more active.. women that are active have a higher amount of testosterone and apparently it increases your odds of having a boy. Also you don't have to buy a book, you can find most of this info on the net.. or at your local library.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 1:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i heard plenty havent but havent tried for concieving my sister sil after having 4 girls in a row tried evrything there was to have a boy. she looked up on the chinese calender that perdicts the months u will be more likly to concive boy/girl in. u would need to climax b4 he does to have boy,if u want boy have sex one day or on the day of ovulation and if u want girl have sex 3 or more days b4 ovulation, if u want boy this sounds bad but if ur desprate ull due anything b4 intercourse shove baking sode down there.now she did more thing but cant remeber and i really cant tell u which one worked since she did all that all together and her result was wat she wanted a boy.good luck
    simsim0425

Answer by simsim0425 at 3:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• MY DH has a baby girl from his previous marriage, and he always jokes about "i was pulling out, thats why its a girl" so this time we did it on the night before i was to ovulate, and we ened up with a boy!!! I am just 17 weeks, but we are very excited! I also heard that if you eat more salty foods, and veggies the sperm is better for a boy...lol, but who knows, could just be coencidence!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Theres lots of little tips and tricks. I am trying for a boy so i do a lot of research lol.
    Lot's of wives tales

1 Have sex as close to ovulation as possible (buy the test at any drug store)
    2 Try to make your tract as alkaline as possible. Male sperm favor alkaline and cant survive in a acidic environment
    3 Evening primerose. a natural supplement is supposed to thin out your cervical mucus making it easier for the sperm to swim up
    4 Have him go deep :)
    5 Cold testicles are said to produce more male sperm
    6 Have him have a little caffenated (spelled wrong) drink right before the baby dance :)

Thats just some of them... you can google them easily ... best of luck!!
    hardwick187

Answer by hardwick187 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009