any advice? DH/DD bonding

My husband is starting to get pretty discouraged, our 13 month old DD loves cuddling with me, but she always pulls away from my DH, and if he holds her for too long she cries out wanting me.
He wants to cuddle with her too.
anyone have any advice on what we might do? what can we do to get her to want to cuddle with him???

Allikats-momma

Asked by Allikats-momma at 7:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he needs to spend more time being the comforting one. i'm assuming he's the playful one that runs and plays on the floor with her more than you. and you are the one that kisses boo boos etc...have him do that a little more often. it was the same with mine, my DH played rough with her (not badly) but was the one she'd go to to goof off but wouldn't cuddle with him. i had him start getting up at night when she had a nightmare or woke at night and needed to be comforted back to sleep (if she argues just have him say mommy's sleeping shes tired), kiss boo boos (or he hold her while you kiss boo boos if she won't let him that way he is still offering comfort) and after about a month of that she started wanting to cuddle with him more. now they have their sunday mornings that they always did, but they spend half cuddling and half playing now instead of all playing.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• What about letting daddy handle the bath and pj part of her day? He can be fun and playful with her during her bath and then when it's pj's time, calm,quiet, talk softly, lovingly to her etc.
    You could also make cuddle time a game with the three of you: sit on the couch or floor together and say to her: "give mommy a hug an'd after she does, say "now give daddy a hug'.
    Quality time with just daddy will also help her come around so have him take her out to play or you go off somewhere on your own while she stays with him.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009