• In the Spotlight:

what can I do to make my labor come faster?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• drink castor oil.
    Anonymous

• don't drink castor oil.
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 7:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Its MINERAL OIL. Do not drink castor oil. it will make you very sick.
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• One friend I had ate Mexican food and that did the trick for her, and a couple others. For me it ws getting hubby home and (ahem) getting reaquainted. Worked like a charm. But for the most part, good old fashioned patience works best. It sucks waiting out the last little bit, but your baby knows when its time. Good luck hon.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 7:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i got tons of advice and nothing worked for me. they told me to eat spicy food, eat a lot of food, walk, sex, nipple stimulation, castor & mineral oil (they both made me sick). good luck trying to make baby come if he/she isn't ready.
    AddysDogBear

Answer by AddysDogBear at 8:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i have tried everything and nothing is working. nothing will work til your baby and your body is ready. i thought mine was because at 36 wks i was 1 cm and 75% effaced well i have been there for 4 weeks now and nothin is helping
    sfewell09

Answer by sfewell09 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Just wait. If you want to walk, then walk. It will give you some exercise. If you want to, um...CUDDLE! The cuddle with your DH. It will give you both some much needed time together as THAT isn't going to be happening for a while! Usually, if you start cleaning the house for absolutely NO reason and it HAS to be done NOW, yeah, your nesting and will be going into labor soon.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009