Need Advice for moving out

Ok I'm moving in to my new apartment May 1st. I need some slightly used furniture. I've searched on craigslist but everything's too expensive. Am I better off going to a thrift store? Where can I find something cheap? Help!!!

alismommy2

Asked by alismommy2 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• check with your storage facilities, they auction stuff off once a month for nonpayers. you can bid on a whole storage garage and get maybe half a house full of stuff. good luck.
    Anonymous

• Yard sales.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i found a couch at goodwill in great shape for $20 when i got my first apt, and a lazyboy (really a lazy boy not just a wanna be) it had a hole about the size of a pencil eraser on the seat got it for $5. the only prob is some places won't let you come back after paying for it to pick it up. i got lucky and had a nice sales manager that day that let me come later in the day with a truck.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• did you look under the free section on craigslist. i've gone to my local furniture auctions and have bought time and time again furniture from them cause i can't beat the price i'm willing to pay cause that is the price i bid with. i have gotten lots of nice couches for $200 but you can pick up couches for cheaper.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• wow I didn't know about the storage auctions. I guess I have to keep looking. Thanks everyone!
    alismommy2

Answer by alismommy2 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2009