someone please help.

Im a single mother from pittsburgh PA, im preparing to start school since i just lost my job and i was wondering if there are any programs or places that you moms know of where i can get some help with essential items my DD needs, diaper, formula, baby food....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your local WIC office
    Anonymous

• Yep WIC! go to: http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/
    Galinash

Answer by Galinash at 8:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You can call your local DFCS and apply for foodstamps and TANF(temperary assistance for needy families)
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Also go to your local county Child & Family Services office. They'll get you a food card and provide you with much more items/clothing/etc for your daughter and you.
    cthorn14

Answer by cthorn14 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• you local social services office. they can cover wic, medicaid, tanf, and even daycare. also check craigslist and other groups here on cafemom. i was in the same position as you and i found a mother who gave me a huge box and two bags of clothing for my daughter. i gave her some cash but she didnt ask for anything in return. there are people who want to help. i get many coupons for formulas i dont use. if you need/want them im willing to send them to you no problem. i can send you other coupons also. i totally understand how hard it is for you right now and i want to help as much as i can. message me n ill get all the coupons together for you.
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• file for child support. it is his legal obligation to help you with his child. it takes a little while to kick in and all you need is whatever info you know about him and a picture.
    Anonymous