IS there anything that can be done about hair falling out post pardum?

I am losing so much hair everyday! If it keeps up at this rate I will be bald in the next month or so. I had my baby four and a half months ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont know, but I wish you the best of luck. I know exactly how you feel... I will be keeping an eye on this post to see your responses. However if you think its getting that out of hand you might want to see your doctor
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem and I was scared I would be bald, so I went to my Dr. and he gave me a script. Don't remember what for, but it worked wonders and I only had to take it for a couple of months. Since then, very little hair loss. Mine was after having a hysterectomy, so I am thinking its hormonal.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No, nothing can be done. It's just you hair getting back to normal. It can continue until 12 months PP.
    Galinash

Answer by Galinash at 8:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You're not losing any more hair than normal. During pregnancy, your hormones cause your hair to live longer than normal. PP hair loss is just all the hair you should have lost while you were pregnant. Don't worry, your hair is just getting back to normal.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It is normal and natural. Normally you lose a small percentage of your hair every month. When you are pregnant, that lose usually stops. So once you are no longer pregnant, your body sort of catches up and you lose a lot all at once. It will slow down and return to normal.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• After my first prenancy my hair just went back to normal, but this time my hairline is actually receding! I can't put my hair up anymore or else everyone will see my bald spots :-(
    M_May-Rafferty

Answer by M_May-Rafferty at 9:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Totally normal. While you are pregnant, your hormone tell your body to hold on to the hair that would normally fall out. So now, you're losing all that hair. It's totally normal (though freaky).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You are not going back to normal...in my case I actually had bald spots according to my doc, we lose an amount of hair every day, of course, even when not pregnant...when youre pregnant you don't lose it....then it cycles again. at about 6 months PP is should start growing back is what he told me and sure enough, it's growing back beautifully...because I KNOW my hair wasn't that thin before I got pregnant....I actually had bald spots around my temples...it is growing back and yours will too...not everyone loses it so not everyone understands.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• it is normal to lose more hair the usual when u have baby and it seems more when the baby is girl i dont know why but i was told that by ppl who had both girl and boy. but when ur losing ur hair so much that u actually going bald then u should tell ur doc and get ur iron checked because like when u get pregnant sum get anemic as i do and sumtime stays with u after u have baby and it plays big role in hair lose.
    simsim0425

Answer by simsim0425 at 2:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2009