MICE

I have a mice infestation. I've caught some on traps, used poison, but I still have some. Any suggestions? Do those things that plug into the wall really work?

NicMorgan

Asked by NicMorgan at 8:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• try dryer sheets were evr you see them they hate the smell i use a whole box and so far i havent seen any come back just take the sheets and throw them every were. we also use them in our camper so they dont go in there in the winter and its been clear so dryer sheets and the cheap ones work.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• get a cat
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• yeah they do work but i also suggest u get exterminator because nowadays i see that damn (excuse my language ) pest are getting smarter lol if that possible because sister has mice once and everything she used didnt work until she got exterminator.
    simsim0425

Answer by simsim0425 at 2:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• We used to get field mice out in the country up in ME and tried everything under the sun before we finally put out poison, which worked well for us.

Down here in VA, though, we don't have a mouse problem, we have a squirrel problem. We bought those plug-in things you asked about AND we bought some sprinkles that we spread around where they were hiding (our attic) to repel them (they hate the taste and smell, but it isn't poison). Once my husband hit a couple of them with his paintball gun (it doesn't kill them), he spread the sprinkles and plugged in the thingies and we haven't had not ONE squirrel in the whole month since! It has been awesome!
    The best news is that the plug-in thingies are in the attic, but don't bother our dog and cat in our bedroom below - I was really worried about that.

If all else fails - get an exterminator. It also helps to find where they are coming in and block it off.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I bought some of those plug in things and I felt like they worked well for us. However, you do have to move them around the rooms every couple of weeks. They do only last a couple of years though.

I lived in a trailer house and mice were horrible. I bought a 5 pack of those plug in things and didn't see another mouse for a couple of years. Then threw those away and bought more, haven't seen any since.
    garfanatic

Answer by garfanatic at 2:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• get a cat.....lol...i'm not sure..traps worked for us. good luck
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2009