How do I...

How do I get motivated to clean the house, I have alot to do and just don't want to, what do you do to get motivated

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 8:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I need help on this one too. I hate cleaning, and never seem to have the motivation/energy.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 8:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Listen to upbeat music, or I don't clean!LOL I didn't clean the last few days and my DH noticed so he cleaned last night. Now when little messes happen I can clean them! LOL I hate not being motivated, especially when your always cleaning the place so you don't see the point! EGH! Anyways listen to some music!!! Crank up the volume!!!! LOL
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 8:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• put on some music really loud. tell yourself that after a room is done, or after an hour of cleaning you get to take a 10 min break...i usually call a girlfriend and talk for a few mins. or have a cup of coffee...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• im the same way but house is always clean. i listen to my morning show its funny and i also light some nice candles in the early am so about 9 am i can smell them and im ready to clean. house smells nice might as well look nice. and listen to the show keeps me ocupided so i dont notice how much im doing it goes by fast xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I didn't really clean today, but I have laundry to put away I am going to do that during real housewives.

I will clean the rest of the house tomorrow.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 8:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I love listening to music, only I can't turn it up during the day..... my hubby works nights and sleeps during the day. Anything else?
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 8:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I try to tackle one thing a day, dusting one day, vacuming the next, sweeping and mopping, the laundry on thursday and friday. The only room I HATE to clean is the kitchen. But hubby and the big kids usually clean up since i do most the cooking. Even when its just me and hubby and the little ones hubby is real good about helping.
    I also like to make little list, not that i always get to them, but it at least reminds me LOL Oh and turning off the internet and unplugging the computers helps me a lot too! I try not to sign on until my house work for the day is done.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 9:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• im with on this one i hate cleaning the house and dont have the motivation to clean the house but when have alot to do dont judge me but i take aderal it give me mad energy and gets me to clean thing i wouldnt clean on daily basis it great lol.that my lil trick
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2009