I feel like the worst parent

EVER!!!!! baby is sooooo fussy today and I've tried everything in our normal routine and I don't know what is wrong or what to do. I'm so mad and sad all at the same time. What should I do. Right now I'm just letting her cry it out in the crib.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• We've all felt that way at one time or another. Doesn't make you a bad parent makes you a human parent. You are stressed because you can't calm your child which makes you feel bad. Nothing wrong with a parent wanting their child to be soothed and when you run thru the list and now your both crying it's just a natural part of the baby time. It's ok just breathe.
    originalzademom

Answer by originalzademom at 9:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• just let her cry for a bit til you feel calmer. then try everything all over again. how old is she?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• and you aren't a bad parent..it happens to all of us, kids and babies have bad days just like us but can't express it aside from crying sometimes. you can only take so much before you get too upset to deal. letting her cry for a bit won't do any harm
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Don't feel bad we've all been there, Is she gassy or colicy, maybe she just needs to cry it out.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 8:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• She's safe in the crib, I wouldn't worry about it if you needed a time out from your baby.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It is okay hun...we've all gone through these days. If it is out of the ordinary for your little one to be crying so much she might be sick with an ear infection or possibly a bad tummy ache? Did you try any new foods lately? Try taking her outside that usually helps them when nothing else works, something about outside and the fresh air! GL mama
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I agree with PP.... chill out and let her fuss it out for a little while until you can get your wits back. You need a little break..... Its better to let her fuss a little in the crib, then let it get to you for too long!

((Big Hugs)) Momma!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• we have all been there hunny your not a bad parent just take a breather and start from square one. mabe she has gas try rubbing her back and check her clothes maybe there uncomfortable just breath hunny. were here for you. my son liked hearing the shower. maybe yours will to just turn it on and let her hear the water running. good luck sweetheart. xo it will be better tomorrow. xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It happens to all of us and you are NOT a bad parent. She is safe in the crib, she could just be having an off day. Let her be. She will be ok. Try to calm down before picking her up again. If there is someone who can watch her, ask them to for a couple of hours so you can go somewhere and recharge. Even if it is window shopping. Also, your baby could be sensing or feeling your emotions. Call your mom or another relative or friend and vent. It will be ok.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• oh yeah.... this may sound silly, but check her toes. I read that in a baby book when my first child was born and I thought it was silly.... then one day my my #3 would NOT stop crying. It took me forever to figure out that he had a hair very tightly wrapped around his toe!

I hope you and your baby are starting to feel better.... ((More Big Cyber Hugs)) you are NOT the worst parent!! As a lot of people have already said, we've all been there at one point or another!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2009