Should I get mad?

My husband is spending more and more time at the bar. He got a new drum set and is trying to get a band started, thinking it will get us some extra cash. However, no one is interested in starting one. He has been trying for a few months now and he is always going to the bar; where is set is, to practice. But when I go with him, he just plays for maybe a half an hour and then just sits around complaining how much no one wants to get serious in a band like he does. Then when he goes with out me; he's gone all day(on his days off). So, my son and I hardly ever gets to see him anymore.
I on the other hand, I get to go out once, sometimes twice a week and hang out with my friends. Fridays nights I spend the night with my neices' mother and be back the next morning. And whenever I get on his case about going to the bar so frequently; he throws back in my face "Well, at least I don't get drunk every time I go out." I tell him...cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• ..Cont...."That's not what I am trying to prove here. I only go out once sometimes twice a week and you go 2-4 times a week to practice/do karaoke/play on open mic nights and you have people buying you drinks EVERY time." Then he just repeats himself on my going out and spending the night at my best(and only) friends place once a week(lately 1-2 times a month).
    Do I have a right to get mad at him for this? Am I really being selfish(as he called me a few times)?
    Anonymous

• out of curiosity - why is the drum set at a bar? my hubby's drums are in our basement, and before that in the garage and in the closet. if the problem is noise or space, they do have studios or even just sound proofed rooms that you can rent out for practices. and if he was really serious of starting a band, that would be a better place to find band mates than the bar. 'cause really, people go to a bar to drink and socialize not find musicians. don't think you're being selfish. sounds like he's just trying to get outta the house and this band is his excuse. sorry.
    AddysDogBear

Answer by AddysDogBear at 8:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• yeah, that is a strange place to store drums! My grandson's is in the garage and he's always in there toying with them unless he's on his guitar. It would keep hubby home.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Is your husband's name James?
    Anonymous

• Uh...no my husbands name isn't James!His name is still a common one though. LOL! Anyways, we don't have any place else to put them because we live in an efficiency apartment and can't afford to rent a studio or storage place yet. The bar that the set is at is also the place he hosts karaoke.
    Anonymous