how do i get her to go to sleep

hi my daughter is 8 months old and she just learned how to stand and instead of going to bed she wants to stand up and not go to bed her bed time used to be 7:30 and now it's between 12:30 and 1 oclaock in the morning and i'm very tired what do i do

britt3063

Asked by britt3063 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• be consistent and with out looking her in the eyes or talkign to her, go in lay her down.... when hse gets up do the same thing again without talking or looking in her eyes.... keep doing that then she will get the picture
    my daughter this this too... and i was very consistent within 3 days she was laying down and staying down although she tried pushing my buttons
    liltinymommy

Answer by liltinymommy at 8:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• What are you doing to get her to go to bed?
    My daughter likes a warmed cup of milk 1st and then a warmed cup of water after the milk (so the sugars dont decay her teeth.)
    Do you give her a pillow to sleep on?
    My daughter used to stay up all night until I held her and it turned out that she couldnt stand laying her head on that hard mattress.
    Does she have a wubbie? Or a lovey?
    Give her that and let her go to bed.
    You may just have to rock her until she goes to sleep (which should be quickly) and then lay her in her bed. She'll eventually start sleeping there.
    cthorn14

Answer by cthorn14 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009