My son is 12 months and a very cranky baby. He is sweet too...but more often than not he is cranky. I am trying to wean him from the breast, so all he does when he sees me is cry!!! Any advice would be very much appreciated, as I am going insane.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, I'm an extended nursing mom, so if you don't absolutely have to wean him, why not keep breast-feeding? He's telling you he's not ready and it's making you both miserable...studies have shown that extended BF is very beneficial, the breastmilk changes to meet the needs of toddlers...but if you have to wean then I would try wearing him in a sling to comfort him and maintain the closeness he is craving. Good luck!
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 9:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Hello, I'm having the same problem with my baby who is 14 months old, and he is still waking up at night to nurse, I would really like to know what's the best way to wean off without all of those tears....
    rozanova

Answer by rozanova at 10:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• How can you women STILL be breastfeeding??? Ahhh.. I'm not trying to be offensive and I'm not saying it is wrong or ne thing. But I want to breastfeed my child but I'm afraid to continue that after the teething occurs..... Don't they ever bite your nipple???
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 10:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Actually my son never bites! He knows that is a NO NO and he likes the boob too much to have it taken away!!!
    Anonymous

• I'm going through the same thing. My baby is 15 months and will not take it out of a bottle.
    Anonymous

• To hostelrak, they sometimes go through a "let me put my teeth on here and see what she does" phase - you just have to make it clear that is unacceptable. Say no firmly, or we don't bite, etc. and if it continues, stop nursing immediately and put him or her down. The message will be conveyed very clearly, since you have what they want and they don't want it to stop!
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 9:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2009