What do you think of this mom??

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Usually, it's an empty threat: "If you kids don't stop fighting, I'm going to stop this car right now and leave you here!" But a mother from an upper-crust New York suburb went through with it, ordering her battling 10- and 12-year-old daughters out of her car in White Plains' business district and driving off, police said Tuesday.

Madlyn Primoff, 45, a partner in a Manhattan law firm, pleaded not guilty Monday to a charge of endangering a child. A temporary order of protection was issued, barring her from contact with the children, who were physically unharmed.

Primoff's lawyer, Vincent Briccetti, would not comment Tuesday on details of the case. But he said, "Madlyn is a great mother connected with a great family, and she is grateful for the outpouring of support from friends and family."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090421/ap_on_re_us/us_fed_up_mom

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Emotional abuse. The woman is nuts.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• how long did she leave for? if she went around the block or whatever no but if she went home and stayed yes
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Hmm sounds to me like a Mom who can't control her anger. Yes there is nothing with THREATENING to leave your kids on the side of the road, but actually doing it is a completely different story. What if they were hit by a car? What if some creepo came and picked them up? Sounds like she didn't really think through her little "lesson" before she went ahead with it. Maybe some time away from her kids will help her realize that.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Poor lady needs a break................... I hate to say it but girls at that age - I can only imagine. I would have done the same thing.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 8:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• The Nanny must have had the day off, and "supermom" was unaccustomed to handling her children who were likely starving for some attention--albeit negative.

That, or the "novelty" of having children wore off a little too soon. Hope having the intense, fast-paced career was worth it.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• bristle....YOU would have left your children on the side of the road for fighting with each other?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I agree with Ash9724. I would NEVER leave my kids on the side of the road, especially in a city or town.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 8:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I bet her daughters wont do it again.
    Anonymous

My sister has two 16 year old girls, a 15 year old boy and a 10 year old girl...yes, they can be a bit much, but leave them with a relative for the day, not on the side of the road.....That is just F'ed up!!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I've been to White Plains, it's not THAT bad of an area, but I certainly wouldn't leave my kids alone there. At least the kids were older, but I wouldn't have made that choice.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009