TMI QUESTION

ok so my 2 year old kicked me in the boobies while he was sleeping a couple nights ago and they have been sooooo sore. i was having soreness before this happened and now its worse. so here are my questions-please no bashings. i know im not the brightest bulb in the box (actually i rank among the night lights on bad days lol) but i really need help before i go to my dr and look like an idiot.
#1-on a normal basis, should your boobs be sore when pressure (you know what i mean "pressure" *wink wink*) is applied or is that abnormal?
#2-can boobys be bruised because they are wayyy more sore since i was kicked than i was before it happened??
#3-do you think i should call my dr. is there anything that could have broken from the kick....lol ok i mean is there a need to be worried. thanks ladies

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hmm well my boobs have been sore on occasion for really no apparent reason. So I would say yes boobs can be sore if you put pressure on them. Yes they can also be bruised. My friend got hit in the boob and had a HUGEEEE bruise around her nipple. As for calling your doctor I would just wait a few days, see if a bruise appears, sometimes they are deep bruises and can take awhile to surface, and if one does appear and it doesn't look right, or if you continue to be in bad pain for more than a week I would say call. Other than that its probably just a plain old fashioned boob bruise.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes, you can bruise your breasts. Other than being kicked, there are a few other reasons you might be sore.

1. Breast feeding. Engorgement makes breasts more tender, so if you're nursing and missing feedings you might start feeling sore now and then.

2. PMS.

3. Pregnancy.

Sometimes our bodies just ache, especially when they've been traumatized, which a kick to the breasts definately counts. If you can rule out all three of those, then give it a good two weeks. If it doesn't go away it wouldn't hurt to see your doctor, but unless he/she doesn't feel any lumps he will probably just send you home and tell you to ice them or put heating pads on them to relieve the soreness until it resolves.

I don't think anything is severely wrong, it's probably just PMS or being sore from the kick.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i think ull be ok- i have 3 boys- 3 very rough boys lol and have had my nipples stepped on (i was laying down on my side in bed and my 21 month old came and walked up and stepped right on my very sensitive nipple lol) ive been punched kicked and bit on my boobs plenty of times- yes they can bruise and no i dont think anythings broken either- i would say let it be but if the bain gets worse or if its not better within a week or 2 then ask ur doc about it- but im pretty sure ull be fine!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Read this journal post. There is a form of breats cancer called inflammatory breast cancer and it's not detectable like the average form of breat cancer. It may not be what's wrong but it would hurt to check it out to be certain.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1356219/Attention_All_Women_Do_you_kno_what_IBC_is

Anonymous

• wouldn't hurt not would hurt.
    Anonymous