What type of discipline can I use for a 12 month old?

My 1 year old is sooooo stubborn and has temper tantrums daily. What can I to help him grow out of this?

momof2boys423

Asked by momof2boys423 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ignore the tantrums and he should stop throwing them. That's what I did and it didn't matter if we were home or out. sure a few people will stare but I was surprised at how many people came up and told me how good that was. My son now 18 months no longer throws tantrums! For punishment we give him a warning and then put him in timeout (the playpen). We have been doing this since before he was a year old, he HATES timeout now and knows that if he doesn't stop what he is doing he will go
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 9:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• speak of the devil he just published that for me...LOL! We have also tapped his hand depending on the severity of what he is doing.
    Good luck
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 9:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• When Andie throws herself on the ground and screams and what not, I don't exactly ignore it. What I do is let her know I see it. I look at her and say "ok let me know when you're finished and them we'll talk." After she is done she walks over like nothing happened and talks to me like a normal little girl. She is two now, and has been doing this since she was about 1 or so. As she gets older its very minimum.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 10:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I apologize I should not have used the phrase "normal little girl." What I mean is like a respectful little girl I suppose
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 10:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009