Would you be hurt if you opened up about a painful subject and your friends ignored it ?

I feel like I have a good listening ear bur when I need to pour out my heart no one is there for me , do you over look it or do you tell them how you feel and risk looking like a drama queen ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell us we maybe able to help.......
    Anonymous

• I used to have a friend that was like this. Whenever she had a problem I was always all ears...but if I had something going on that had nothing to do with her and I just needed someone to talk to...hmm where was Vanessa? No where to be found. Needless to say her selfishness along with some other issues is why we aren't friends anymore. I wouldn't look over it. Friendships are give and take relationships too. If you are there for your friends but they aren't there for you, than I would say maybe they aren't your true friends? Sometime its a hard lesson learned.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes been in the same situation. It bothers me extremely but I always have to remind myself that I can not count on other people to make me feel better or happy! Look to yourself as much as possible to make you happy and to cope with things....I've been through a lot of crappy situations in my 21 years...worried about the up coming ones. We are here to talk to you as well!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I am sorry. My sister is like that and it is extremely infuriating!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yeah, I told my husband and best friend at the same time that I drink too much, and they said no I don't. LOL.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• it's not fair or very thoughtful, espeically if you don't discuss your problems very often.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I get that all the time, but according to most people here - I only want attention.
    Anonymous

• perhaps they think it might be too painful for you to discuss it. Just tell someone you are ready to talk about it so they know it's ok to listen and talk about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Personally I have had bad experiences with people who are supposed to be "professional" listeners, so I don't talk to anyone anymore.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 10:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i just needed to vent reallly about abuse I suffered from my mom I have worked through it but sometime I still need to cry or vent about not having a normal mom daughter relationship
    No one wants to talk about it now one wants to just let me grieve It cant be fixed or changed , but it is a hole in my life ,
    Most of the time I deal with it but certian things like Mother's day holidays make me feel a little odd
    Anonymous