Military Wives...

My husband is joining the Army...he has to take the ASVAB tommorrow and im kinda at a loss with all of this info. Can any of you tell me what he has to do or go thru and if he will get paid while he is in training(we have a 6 month old and diapers cost alot)...if you can help i thank you:)))

MadisynsMom0114

Asked by MadisynsMom0114 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he gets paid in boot camp yes.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• while he is in basic, yes you will get paid and get extra money for "being separated from your spouse" my hubby is airforce so i cant really tell you much more than that. but if you need, i will call my brother and ask him. he did this last summer
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• He will get paid while he's in boot camp, from the day he swears in (for the second time). He will also get BAH, because he's married. I was in the navy, so feel free to PM me if you like. It's not the army, but a lot of the pay stuff is identical. Boot camp isn't as crazy as you might think. He'll be fine, I promise! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Okay something I can answer =) My husband is in the Army. While your husband is in basic he will get paid as well as when he goes to AIT which is after basic where he will specify on his job. (Basic gives them the skill AIT specializes). After that he is either going reserves or active. With a new baby I would urge go active because when your in the reserves you only end up making around 200-300 dollars a month, active duty much more w/ benefits.
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 1:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2009