deceased loved ones

have any of you ever been visited by a deceased loved one either in a dream or in your home? my father passed 6 weeks ago from a brain aneurysm. He had high blood pressure but chose the natural way to deal with it. I had a dream that I was in the hospital room with him, he had awaken which shocked me because I thought he had died and he told my sister to use the insurance money and take care of the bills. In a different scene of my dream, I'm sitting across from my father telling him that the blood on the right side of his brain must have dried up and that he suffered a stroke and needed to take his medicine - needless to say once I woke from my dream and realized it was just a dream I got a little down knowing he was gone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• People stay with us in our minds and our hearts.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have them ALL the time!!
    Anonymous

• Ask your Dad to come around you and show a specific sign. It may not happen for several months but keep an eye out for pictures moved, dropped coins, electrical happenings (TV, light turned on/off, etc). Sorry to hear about your Dad. In time, he'll come around, you will just need the "eyes" to see his message.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No, but I would of love to. My dad passed away a year ago and I do miss him a lot. My sister did get visited by a uncle that loved her a lot. It scared the pants of her . She started to pray and he went away.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• ITA with jeanclaudia.

I dream of my dad every so often but I get signs from him all of the time.

I am very sorry for your loss, I feel for you.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 9:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My brother, sister and myself all had dreams about my Dad in the weeks following his death. I still occasionally dream about my Mom or my Dad, but the dreams are fewer and father between now.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My best friend passed unexpectedly years ago from a brain tumor. After she died, I had a very vivid dream that she came to me to let me know that she was very happy and that it was okay to let her go. She said goodbye and that she would see me again someday. It was if she was standing in the room with me. I felt so comforted. So yes, I do believe they can come to you in your dreams!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• my sister in law died of a brain aneurysm too almost 2 years ago. I've had her in a bunch of dreams and my grandpa that died probably over 7 years ago and other people. But right after she died we would hear noises in our house and one time when I took a shower I said something to her out loud cause it was her funeral day and the bathroom lights flickered a few times and DH was in bed and they have never done that before and never did it since then and I looked out of the shower to see if DH was doing it and nothing was there and one time when DH was gone and I was taking a nap I woke up and heard his recliner chair squeak like when he gets up out of it and I thought maybe he was back home and when I went in the living room he wasn't there and I called him and he said he was still at the store. Also when my brother in law would come back home there would be stuff moved around in the house and toys would go off by themself
    charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 9:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I felt my uncle die.
    He was in El Paso when it happened... I live near Houston.

I also felt him at my left shoulder during the beginning of the funeral service when I was having the roughest time with it. I acknowledged him, told him I'd be okay, and told him to go out & be with my other uncle... who had made the decision to remain outside in the parking lot alone for the service. I figured he needed him more than me at that point. I felt him say "Okay, hun" and I didn't feel him any more.

I talk to him every day & invite him to try to communicate with me. I haven't felt him strongly enough to be sure about it since the service.... but I have no doubt he'll be around. Knowing what a nut he is, he'll probably choose to start up a conversation & show himself to me while I'm in the bathroom or something lol
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I dream of my dad sometimes still and its been 23 years. I think we tend to think of them at different times and our dreams let us see them again.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2009